Micasense RedEdge-M Integration Kit DJI Matrice M200 M210
This integration kit is designed to correctly position the Micasense RedEdge-M® multispectral camera onto the DJI M200 and M210 in order to optimize precision agriculture aerial surveys. The kit includes all the necessary mounting parts and hardware to mount the camera under the belly of the M210 rather than using the existing camera mount or requiring an additional and expensive dual mount.
This has several advantages:
- Your existing camera or cameras can still be used simultaneously
- The landing gear won't be visible in the images if flying in higher winds
- Maintains better weight and balance
It incorporates silicone damper mounting balls to isolate the camera from the drone body and eliminate vibration. The components are 3D printed and are designed to fit under the belly of the drone.
This kit includes:
- RedEdge-M mounting plate
- DJI M200/M201 under belly mounting plate
- 4 x anti-vibration silicone damping balls
- 2 x VHB self adhesive pads
- Hardware set - all nuts, bolts and washers
- Zip/Cable ties
Fixing the kit is non-invasive and doesn't require any modification to the M210 so it doesn't void your DJI warranty
- Attach the camera plate to the RedEdge-M using the 4 supplied M3 bolts
- Carefully remove the 4 self tapping screws from the under belly of the M210 and save them somewhere safe
- Locate the under belly mounting plate in the 4 holes you just removed the screws from
- Carefully screw the mounting plate in using the 4 supplied M2.6 self tapping screws
- Attach the camera plate and camera to the under belly mount with the supplied silicon damping balls. The damping balls are designed to be a tight fit, but don't use any metal to force them through the plates - just coax them with your fingers. If you feel its necessary, use a loose tie wrap or safety clip to wrap around the camera.
- Now attach the GPS antenna and downwelling light sensor in suitable locations on the top of your M210 using the supplied self adhesive pads and wire up the components. Use the supplied cable ties to keep the cables secure. See the RedEdge-M integration document for full antenna mounting details https://support.micasense.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360000537473/RedEdge-M_Integration_Guide.pdf
When attaching the parts, make sure not to over-tighten the nuts and bolts or the 3D printed parts may get damaged or the M210 plastic parts threads may strip.
Ensure the wires and cabling is not tight and doesn't impede the RedEdge camera mounting plate. Also make sure the cables are clear of the propellers and moving parts in landing and flight orientations.
Other useful documents and integration guides can be found here: https://support.micasense.com/hc/en-us